Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Skinny Funfetti Cake

Another Tuesday night with a couple of my best friends has come and gone and this week I was on dessert duty. With New Years Resolutions in mind and my Pinterest page exploding with sweet ideas, I decided to try out "skinny" cake.


It came out pretty good! The cake itself was a lot lighter than I was expecting and the frosting tasted great.. For most of the slice anyway! Near the end I started to get a plastic-y aftertaste which wasn't awful but definitely noticeable after eating a pretty big portion.  If you're going "skinny," you should eat less anyway, right?!


As a true "sweetie" I do need to call out that nothing beats real butter, sugar and eggs when it comes to cake.  But, this is a pretty decent alternative when you're trying to give those vices a break.  Lindsay and Shannon both seemed to like it as much as I did, and I will very likely make it again, maybe even try a different flavor combo.


Skinny Funfetti Cake

Need:

  • 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
  • 1 can of diet ginger ale
  • 1 small container of light cool whip
  • 1 box of instant white chocolate flavor pudding mix
  • Sprinkles!


Do:
Empty cake mix into a large bowl and stir in ginger ale until batter is smooth. Bake according to directions on the box. Do not add any other ingredients, all you need is the mix and the soda.

For the frosting, simply mix all of the pudding powder into the cool whip until smooth. This needs to stay refrigerated, so make sure you have enough room in your fridge for the finished cake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment