Thursday, December 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms - Guest Post!

Today's guest post is written by my good friend Cheryl.  Cheryl was actually my boss for three years at my very first job out of college, and we've kept in touch since then.  We have the most fun going on weekend adventures and girls nights out - she is wild and crazy fun, not to mention very talented in the kitchen!  Thanks for sharing your family recipe, Cheryl!!

---



When I was a little girl my Grandma Webster made Peanut Butter Blossoms every Christmas, and we had them in our home during the holidays as well. My mom adopted the recipe long before I was born as one of four cookies she made annually at Christmas time.

My grandmother baked for a living, or I should say for extra money when my grandfather retired. Everything she made was deliciously moist and she never needed a recipe. She had all her recipes memorized!

I secretly think she started selling her baked goods because it allowed her time away from grandpa when he retired. Mind you, she did all her baking out of her home so she never truly got away from him, in fact he began helping her when orders started to climb and she couldn't keep up. It grew a wonderful business and partnership between the two of them.

Often during the holiday season when orders grew my mom would spend the day helping out. My siblings and I of course came along for the ride. The smells in their home were divine.

For this reason, I continue the tradition today to keep those memories alive. Instead of with my grandmother, I now share this tradition with my husband Mike.

Need:
1 cup of peanut butter (Jiff works best)
1 cup sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of Butter
2 eggs
4 tbsp of milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of salt

Do:
Mix butter, peanut butter, and sugars until mixed together and batter is uniform. Then add eggs, milk and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients to a medium size bowl - blend them and slowly add this flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture.

Refrigerate for one hour or overnight or even better results. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake on non- greased baking sheets 8-9 minutes. Remove from sheet immediately and add kisses or peanut butter cups while cookies are still hot, this way the chocolate melts into the cookie. Makes 75 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment