Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mint-stuffed Sugar Cookies

Tonight's cookie is a little "semi-homemade" treat that I'm brining to my sister's graduation party tomorrow night.  I am so proud of her and all I can think about is how my little sister is a nurse! I had a lot to do tonight and not too much time to get creative, so I did a spin-off of a recent recipe I saw on Pinterest.



These cookies are just store-bought sugar cookie dough and junior mints with sprinkles.  That. is. it.  They taste great too, I love the combination of vanilla, chocolate and peppermint.  Tasty and festive and pretty to look at, too!


I had to do some experimenting with the baking times and for me the trick was 7 and a half minutes (yes, 7 was too short and 8 was too long) at 325 degrees.  

Besides Junior Mints, you could probably stick any mini-candy in the middle of these and they'd come out good.


Have a good week, Sweets!

Need:
1 log of store-bought sugar cookie dough
2 boxes of Junior Mints

Do:  
1.  Preheat oven to 325F.
2.  Cut the log into 1/2" slices, and quarter each slice
3.  Flatten one of the dough corners in your hand, place a candy in the middle, and roll the dough around it into a ball
4.  Dip the cookie ball into sprinkles 
5.  Bake a cookie sheet for 7 minutes.  If they seem too soft, try another 30 seconds to a full minute.







1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I need to find those Junior Mints. They look fun to bake with!

    ReplyDelete