Friday, December 14, 2012

Maple Glazed Donut Hole Cookies

Hi again everyone it's me, the Boston Sweetie husband aka hubs aka B-Hubs.....I know what your thinking and don't worry, BostonSweetie is ok...she has just been busy and luckily I have been on a kick lately of having good cookie ideas.

Growing up I also enjoyed the smell of cinnamon, donuts and french toast. As Frank Sinatra once sang "These are a feeew of my faaaavorite things"...so that's what decided to make - donut hole cookies with maple glaze.

Donut hole cookies by the tree, I'll take that for a present!
After a brief browsing session, I came across Yummly.com . The pictures looked great and I decided to throw my own twist with an extra layer of maple glaze.

First things first -

I added the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and set aside. Next step - mix butter, sugar, vanilla extra and eggs in the mixing bowl - and then combine flour mixture+sugar butter vanilla eggs mix to create the delicious dense dough.

Last touch - roll the dough in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and it's time to bake. After 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven - voila- donut hole cookies! ....But wait, there's more - I decided that a glaze to finish would be a nice touch so I threw together some confectionary sugar, milk, slight dab of vanilla extract and some real maple syrup! Tasty enough to make me come up with my own Christmasmas song....
"Deck the halls with balls of donuts cookies...falalala la la la la"

Only 11 more days til Christmas!  Lots of cookies to make for Santa!

It looks even better with an extra dusting of Cinnasugar!


For full recipe details please follow this link.

Talk to you all soon!

Best,
B-Hubs


No comments:

Post a Comment