That is me, usually at least 3 times a week, HA! I found a solution, a la my favorite, Martha Stewart - honeyed fruit tarts!
This treat is adapted from her Pies & Tarts book. It's fast, delicious, and a little bit more healthy than a batch of brownies at least. I used peaches and strawberries, because those are the fruits we had in our fridge, but this would be delicious with all kinds of fruits - pears, any type of berries, etc. Also, if you are into specifics, Martha lists them in her recipe. Me, I just read over the recipe, and eyeballed everything I had, so please excuse the vague recipe below.
- Chop up about 1 cup of up fruit (I used 4 big strawberries and half of a peach)
- Put it in a bowl, drizzle over some honey (use as much or as little as you like), and squeeze half a lime.
- If you like zest like we do, zest your lime half and mix that in with the fruits. Cover with saran wrap and stick in the fridge.
- Take out two squares of frozen puff pastry
- Microwave for 10 seconds to defrost
- Brush with water, milk, egg wash, whatever you fancy
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar
- Bake for ~15-20 minutes, or until golden brown
- When its baked and puffed, pull out the pastry and squish down the center to form a little well
- Let cool enough so that it won't burn your mouth
- Spoon honeyed fruits into the pastry well
- Eat up, buttercup!