Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Love Yourself First and Everything Falls Into Line

Today was a long day.  I woke up tired.  Went home (pretty late) from work tired.  Too tired to do the dishes, cook, and barely had the motivation to choose an outfit for tomorrow's work holiday party.  Ever have one of those days, where you're just. so. tired?



Exhaustion tonight lead to Chinese take out for dinner.  Which obviously concludes with a fortune cookie, alleviating me of the baking duties for the night!  Lazy lady's out, I know.. everyone needs a day off now and then, right?



How fitting that my fortune read, "Love yourself first and everything falls into line."  I loved myself first, ordered out instead of cooking, and then they delivered me a cookie.  Everything fell into line!  Really though, the best part of fortune cookies is finding the fortune inside.  This was a pretty good one, but the best, most random one I ever got was:  "More pineapple, please."  I have no idea what that means or why it was on a fortune, but I got it over a decade ago when I was in high school and I've never forgotten it. Anyone else out there have good fortunes that you've never forgotten?


By the way, if you're a Bostonians who need a mid-holiday break from the kitchen, Hong Kong Cafe in Fenway does Chinese take-out right.  Just sayin'!  (They did not ask me to write this, I just really, REALLY liked the food we got tonight!)


No comments:

Post a Comment