Sooo you know how most mug cakes SOUND good in theory and then taste totally weird/microwaved/gelatinous/not-what-you-needed-at-all? I spotted a mug BROWNIE on Pinterest, and in the heat of my chocolate-craving moment decided to go for it.
It's super chocolatey, to the point where I could not eat it plain- you definitely need the vanilla ice cream to balance the richness of the brownie. The consistency is great- 60 seconds makes for a cup of gooey chocolate. It's like the molten part of a lava cake on it's way to full-blown brownie. YUM.
This recipe is a keeper. Seriously. Try it and enjoy :D
Mug Brownie - Adapted from a recipe on Chow.com
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp rum extract
- dash of kosher salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- In a microwave-safe mug, whisk the oil, water, rum and salt until combined.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk until all of the cocoa is moistened and there aren't too many lumps.
- Add granulated sugar, whisk to combine
- Microwave for 60 seconds (if you want less goo and more chew (HAH!) then go for 1:25)
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of brownie
- Top off with vanilla ice cream
- Leave me a comment confirming that this is the best mug recipe you've ever tried