Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, Sweets.  Hope the week is off to a good start.  My work week sure didn't start off great, but thankfully I was one of the 30-something lucky ones to get a ticket to Ride! tonight so I spun off my frustrations and am now sitting on the couch feeling pretty great.

Keeping the happy thoughts alive, I thought I'd share a weekend recap.  I shared a few of these on Instagram this weekend; you can follow me there @staceycl.


First up- sundaes from Cabot's in Newton!  One thing Boston is lacking is a place to get a really good, old-fashioned, classic Sundae.  And no, don't tell me Emack & Bolio's, that place stinks- bad ice cream, worse service and the grossest hot fudge I've ever had in my life.  And I love chocolate.  The real deal is at Cabot's.  I got a frozen yogurt sundae with hot fudge and butterscotch, and the hubs got a peanut butter thing.  I know we're on a health kick, but everyone needs a treat now and then, right?! All in moderation. 

Lulu the Sous Chef, love my kitty :)

Copley Square on a rainy saturday morning was quiet and peaceful.

Saturday afternoon visit with my sweet Grampy.  He's living with Alzheimer's and hasn't been doing too well lately, but we were lucky to have a really great visit with him.  Instead of being quiet and sleepy like usual, he was in a great mood, and though not fully aware of who we were or where he was, his true personality was there, for the first time since he went into the nursing home!  He was cracking jokes, making faces, and was just so sweet.  We felt blessed to have a nice afternoon with him. 

Rainy date night out, took this in front of Woodward at the Ames Hotel.  It was our first time eating there, and we had a great meal.  The charcuterie is excellent, and I got the lamb shank with veggies and herb gnocchi for dinner which was delicious.  I would definitely recommend it. 

Sunday night football food.  Despite spending a lot of my day doing work (boooooo), I took some time to make us a healthier version of a football classic for dinner- buffalo chicken lettuce wraps with homemade blue cheese dressing, both from Skinnytaste.  Check out the recipe here.

That's it for tonight, have a good week, sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment