Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year, New Plan!

Happy New Year, all!  Hope everyone had a great holiday season and tons of fun ringing in the New Year, I know B-hubs and I did!

As with many of you, we're trying to amp up the health factor here in the Boston Sweetie household.  We have an awesome ski trip with friends coming up later this month, and I want to have my bikini bod ready for the hot tub!

Our Ski Retreat in Vermont - can't wait!!
I've also been becoming more aware of all of the sickness that seems to be everywhere this season and would rather fight that off with nutrition rather than drugs, if I can.

So far the New Year for me has included:
  • Vegan diet Monday - Friday 
  • New organization for the house, with an awesome binder and mail sorter - I'll do a post on this soon!
  • Amped up fitness routine, prioritizing body and health which will help every other aspect of life be more successful.
The vegan diet has been easier than I thought it would be, for the first week at least!  This move was inspired by comedian Eddie Brill and his passionate posts about vegan/raw diets on Facebook.  The health benefits sound unbelievable, and I'm already feeling more energy, just after one week of changing up the diet.  The most exciting part of eating healthier is the idea of fighting off cancer.  Too many people are getting that horrible disease and I want to do everything in my power to avoid it.



New organization is great!  I have a schedule for the week of meals, snacks, workouts and even cleaning.  I'll do a separate post on how I keep it neat and tidy, because I really love it, and it's also a proud Pinterest success story.

Amped up fitness routine has me pumped!!  This week I tried two new classes at the gym; Tabata and Barre.  Tabata was wicked hard, so exhausting, not super fun, but an awesome workout.  I'm going to keep up with that one because it's definitely a results-getter.  Barre on the other hand, I am in LOVE with.  Who knew that such small movements could make your body literally shake.  Un-be-lievable.  I am going to try to do this twice a week, and will continue doing Spin class twice a week as well.


To the my loyal "Sweeties" out there, have no fear.  I'm not giving up desserts and definitely plan to keep baking!!  There will be a new twist on some recipes, for example I will be testing out using applesauce in place of eggs in some of my favorite treats, and I'll be on a quest to see if I can find any desserts that still taste great with no sugar.  Have any in mind for me to try?  Anyone else kicking off 2013 with a bang?  I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment