Monday, October 10, 2011
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Recently my buddy Christina of All's Fare Food Blog did a post on an amazing looking apple cheesecake she made. The post has a VERY funny (although probably not funny to her in the moment) story about her baking adventure, I highly recommend checking it out!
So Christina's cheesecake post reminded me that last week I made my first batch of cheesecake cupcakes, and that I really wanted to blog about them! These cupcakes were super easy and fast to whip up, and went over extremely well! I brought them to work for a meeting I was leading, and they were gone before I knew it. The strawberries on top made them seem kind of summery, but I think the switch to fall-centric sweets will be coming soon.
I went with the cheesecake cupcakes because a coworker of mine asked me if I had ever made them, and I had not! I figured this meeting was an appropriate time to let my work friends be the taste-testers for my first attempt. Sad thing- the coworker who asked about them missed the meeting! (Next time, Nancy!)
Anyway, these cuppies are great crowd pleasers, and the product of my southern love, Miss Paula Deen! Here's my slightly tweaked version of Paula Deen's Easy Cheesecake Cupcakes. This recipe is enough for 12 cupcakes. Enjoy!
-2 8-oz packages of light cream cheese, softened
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1.5 graham crackers (3 squares)
-1 cup strawberry jam
-6 fresh strawberries
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with paper liners
2. Beat cream cheese until fluffy
3. Add sugar and vanilla, beat well
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time
5. Break each of your three graham cracker squares into four small pieces, place one mini square in the bottom of each cupcake cup
6. Spoon cream cheese mixture ontop of the graham crackers in each cup
7. Bake for 20 minutes
8. Let cupcakes cool completely. When cool, put a spoonful of strawberry jam ontop, and garnish with half a fresh strawberry