Saturday, March 30, 2013

New Favorite Soup

Hello Sweets!

On this sunny Saturday morning in Boston, I wanted to share my new favorite soup with you all.  It's Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup.


I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs for healthy food, Skinnytaste.com.  I love crockpot recipes that I can put together on the weekends, stick the freezer, and then whip out for a mid-week meal when I know I'll be coming home late.  

This recipe does take a little bit of preparation, and is a bit more involved than just dumping a bunch of stuff in a crock pot....but, just a little bit, and it's worth it.  The end result is SO flavorful and packed with veggies which keeps it very light.  One serving (1.5 cups with a sprinkle of cheese) is only 261 calories.  The bowl above is about a 3/4 cup serving, so I don't feel bad having two bowls knowing the calories are so low!

I didn't tweak the recipe at all, so I will send you over to Skinnytaste for the original.  Just wanted to share so if you're looking for something new to try for dinner this week, this will be on your list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment