Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lightening McQueen!

One of my favorite things about this summer so far are the kids birthday parties that my hubby and I get to go to. Last weekend we had a blast at Lex's 3rd birthday party.  The theme was "Cars," his favorite movie.  I can't take credit for any of these treats, they were all baked and decorated by our friend Monica, but the cake and cupcakes were so cute, I have to share!


Monica bought a special Cars cake pan and did the decorating herself - red icing is hard to make, but even though it looks a little pink, Lex loved his cake.


The cupcakes were great- kid-friendly chocolate and vanilla were a huge hit.  The kids (and big kids like my hubs) were loving the cupcakes with little cars on top.


After the birthday party we headed to a friend's cocktail party.  When my father-in-law walked in, he presented the ultimate treat plate....


Bruins cookies!!!!  The Stanley Cup celebration is going to continue all summer long.  GO BRUINS!!!

1 comment: